Steam Cleaning Vs Dry Cleaning - What To Know
Financial carpet cleaning can be either steam cleaned or dry-cleaned but which is the best to use. Both of these methods have their side effects and benefits.
Because steam is used to clean the carpet, it is the one most preferred. It is also a highly effective method for carpet cleaning. Steam cleaning will remove the dirt and help to increase the life of your carpet. This is also called hot water removal. Commercial carpet cleaning using the steam cleaning method has two methods that you can use.
• Portable extraction-this is generally used in market sectors that are involved in the business of cleaning carpets. The suction machine is not as strong as the truck mount product. Steam cleaning the carpet is used for big-scale carpet cleaning in hospitals, apartments and more
• Truck mount-the pressurised hot water is mixed with a carpet cleaning solution that is nontoxic to remove soil and dirt from the carpet. You can take away deep-settled dirt in the carpet also.
• It takes a long time to dry
• While drying the earth can resettle back down on the carpet
• If not dried properly it could lead to fungal or bacterial growth relating to the carpet
Even though it states "dry-cleaned" this does not mean that you use no water at all but there is very little implemented. When using this method commercial carpet cleaning services have four methods to choose from.
• Dry compound-a dry compound is distribute over your carpet and left to dry for a time. This mixture will absorb the dirt from the rugs. After the specified time for this compound to be left on the carpet, it is then removed with a vacuum cleaner.
• Dry up chem-this is similar to the dry foam method with the difference being which machine to use. In this method, you would use a bonnet pad and not the vacuum cleaner. The bonnet pad will scrub your carpet and then absorb the mud.
• Dry foam-shampoo is applied to the carpet and left to dry. While drying the shampoo might absorb the dirt. Use a vacuum to suck up the dried shampoo/
• Oscillating pad-the first step to help spray a balanced pH spray onto the carpet and left for a certain period of time. Generally, this is with thirty to sixty minutes. This spray reacts with the dirt to loosen it so it can be removed with a silk cotton pad.
• It is not as effective as steam cleaning
• Leaves residue in the carpet that does not altogether go away
• Because of left over residue in the carpet, more dirt will settle into the carpet and slowly drop the life of the carpet.